Cube’s new boy group shows off performance talent on ‘I Live in Cheongdam-Dong’
The officials at Cube Entertainment have been keeping their lips sealed on the agency’s upcoming seven-member boy band, but fans are getting a sneak peek at the young men’s talent through a televised sitcom performance.
It was reported back in December that five members of the group would be part of the jTBC sitcom, ‘I Live in Cheongdam-Dong‘. The young men take on the roles of an aspiring boy group mentored by Jo Kwan Woo, also working toward a debut in the show. The young men put together a performance in the 35th episode that showed off the idols’ skills.
An official had previously explained that Cube’s new group would be skilled in vocals, rapping and dance. Though the young men haven’t actually debuted in the real world yet, their sitcom characters’ performance gives us a first-ever look at these talents.
Watch the performance at 26:16 here!
Viewers have already been commenting that the performance reminds them of B2ST‘s “Fiction” and other similar releases. Since this performance has no relation to the group’s real-life debut, many remain curious about what Cube’s new boy group will have in store.
Meanwhile, the remaining two members of the seven-man group have been actively rehearsing and recording songs, an official said. Previous reports anticipate a debut for early January or February this year.
Source: Youtube | allkpop
- Top 5 New Idol Groups to Rock 2012
- Boy groups predicted to dominate the K-pop music scene in 2012
- SM introduces new boy group member, Kai
- TS Entertainment unveils official name of Bang Yong Guk’s boy group
- SM launches countdown teaser for Korean-Chinese boy group
- ‘Pledis Boys’ reveal their official name: NU’EST!
- Rookie boy group NU’EST reveals the face of their leader, JR
- SM & TS Entertainment’s marketing tactics help new boy groups gain foothold
- NU’EST reveals their final two members