K-Pop royalty Big Bang releases ‘Blue’
Article from Yahoo Philippines:
K-Pop royalty Big Bang solidifies their “K-Pop blue blood” status with their latest release titled “Blue.”
Known for their hard-hitting hip-hop electronica hits like “Tonight” and “Love Song,” G-Dragon, Taeyang, T.O.P., Daesung, and Seungri returns with their newest mini album titled “Alive” with “Blue” as the first track off the mini-album. “Alive,” Big Bang’s fifth EP consists of seven new songs and is set for release on February 29, 2012.
Given their K-Pop royalty status, “Blue” immediately topped various music portal sites including Melon, Bugs, Naver, M.net, Soribada, and many others upon its release. Boasting of a new “icy-cool” look, Big Bang is again taking the K-Pop world by storm.
“Blue” is a slow-tempo track with subtle electronica influences characteristic of Big Bang. As the title suggests, “Blue” is an emotional song about longing and heartbreak. The music video was shot with simple background, reminiscent of early Big Bang music videos such as “Lies” and “Haru Haru.” Compared to their previous MV, a Caucasian model can be seen in the new video. Fans may also be a bit surprised for the choice of a soft-tempo release which is not typical of Big Bang but this is a a sign of the artistic and personal growth of the group. “Blue” was written by G-Dragon with Teddy, the resident producer of YG Entertainment.
Source : bigbangupdates
- Big Bang Reveals “T.O.P’s Talk” Video Interview
- Big Bang unveils G-Dragon’s image teaser + interview clip
- What Is Big Bang’s Strategy Regarding Their Imminent Comeback + Naver’s Video Teaser
- Big Bang reveals Taeyang’s image teaser
- Big Bang’s 2012 comeback promotions, the largest scale yet for YG
- Preview of G-Dragon and Daesung’s Appearance on “Healing Camp”
- G-Dragon & Daesung, “We want to apologize before asking for forgiveness”
- Big Bang reveals Seungri’s image teaser
- Why is Big Bang so big?
- Big Bang sends their New Year’s greetings